Sunday, September 16, 2012

TUMBLR THE NEXT BIG THING, MASSIVE HEAD TRAUMA CAN BE FUN, AND ARTWORK--OH MY!

It seems to me as if blogger is becoming obsolete and everyone who is on top of things in their lives are switching from a .blogspot to having a tumblr page.

Well, that is upsetting to me because I clearly joined blogger too late and never bothered to get the hang of it. I assume it's tool ate now. this is just an inference I am making based on some recent observations.
At least I have www.kevinpiastra.tumblr.com and www.the-Piastra-factor.tumblr.com

Either way, I'm still using this puppy because it's free and if you've ever heard of, read books by, bought art from Hugh Macleod or visited his site at www.gapingvoid.com you would understand.

I know the title of this post said something about massive head trauma, but we will not be discussing that. I figured it'd draw in more of the non-existent crowd.

On that note. I clearly segue into my next topic: Ed, Edd, N' Eddy fan-art. Specifically, I have been dragged into a collaboration with the Internet voice-actor and YouTube sensation over at www.youtube.com/hoodedcobra who, by the way, is the genius (I abuse that term) behind www.darthconneryclaus.tumblr.com

We are in the pre-production phase of what will be a fan-fic video episode of Ed, Edd, N' Eddy. I won't reveal much other than SPOILER ALERT: It'll be great.

So this morning I was working on some character designs, which is stupid since we all KNOW the characters. Really what I did was some deviantART unworthy quick, sloppy sketches rendered on my iPad. My drawing skills are much better than this, however not when dragging an index finger across glass to produce cartoons.


BELOW: Really shitty rendering here of one of the Kanker sisters. May, was it? And wtf did I draw her holding, a soccer shoe with metal spikes/cleats? I don’t know



BELOW: Drawn from memory, also over rushed and sloppy (which is how Lee approaches love-making)





BELOW: Rolf! The sad thing is I often could catch the gist of whatever he was saying. Same with Double D, watching that show improved my vocabulary at a young age.

BELOW: Johnny 2x4 drawn on iPad. That’d be funny if they released an app where plank’s face fills up the screen, for kids with no friends…or fans of Ed, Edd N’ Eddy (not always mutually exclusive)


BELOW we have Nazz. Never really seemed to have a lot of lines in the show.





Kevin draws Kevin. “DORKS!” crappy little drawing done too quickly, in an unfamiliar appup there was Eddy's big bro and down here we have Sarah and in-the-closet Jimmy.

Marie Kanker                      

No comments:

Post a Comment